Osh-kojokeleng-SaryMogol via Jiptik pas
- Category: Horseback riding/ Trekking
- Duration: 3 days
- Level of Difficulty: Moderate (altitude above 4 000 m)
- Best season: late June– late August
- Accommodation & meals: 1 night in Shepherd’s yurt camp, one night in tent, 3 lunches, 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts.
- Group size: from 1 to 10
- Requirements: trekking boots, weatherproof warm clothes, hat, sunscreen, tent, sleeping bag and mat.
- Description: A full variety of the region’s animal and plant life is available on this thrilling tour. It is possible to see wild goats and (if you are very lucky) Marco Polo sheep on the craggy mountain slopes. Herds of wild yaks can be found near the passes, and the forests and high pastures are home to jackals, foxes, rabbits and marmots. In spring, there is a profusion of wildflowers carpeting the mountain valleys and wild cherry trees mixed with ever-present juniper and other medicinal plants to delight the senses. Explore cool tree-lined river gorges, feel the exhilaration of reaching a high pass, and relish the view of snow-covered Lenin Peak, the highest peak in the Pamir-Alai mountain range. The jewel of this fascinating and varied tour is clear Lake Tulpar, ringed by the glaciers that flank Lenin Peak (7134 M). In addition to meeting Kyrgyz people in their summer jailoo camps; this trip takes you through 3 small villages, providing a comparison with nomadic life
Day 1: Morning 2 hours travel from Osh to the village Kojekeng by car. Arrival in the place, meet your guide team and start the trip to the jailoo Jiptik. The road goes along the river in the gorge. Four hours hiking will bring you to the yurts of locals. Lunch. Walk around the pasture to participate in daily activities of locals. It often snows on the pass that makes the area very cool during summer. Overnight and dinner are in a yurt camp.
Day 2: After breakfast spend morning time climbing up to the top of the pass «Jiptik» and cross it till noon (4185 asl). From the top, you will see a stunning view of the Pamir valley (7134). Every traveler who is on the top feels like he has reached the sky. The path descends steeply to the valley below. Two hours walking down and camping nearby the mountain’s spring. Dinner in the wild and overnight in tent.
Day 3. Breakfast. Last day of the destination is Sary-Mogol village. Arrival in the village by noon for lunch in the CBT home stay. Having the rest and overnight in the family running home stay (optional leave by car to Osh follow the high way road Irkeshtam — Osh)