“From Almaluu to the hot springs of Altyn-Arashan”
- Ak-Suu Gorge
- Breathtaking views of the Tien-Shan mountains
- Take a bath in hot springs of Altyn-Arashan
- Category: combined – auto / trekking
- Duration: 3 days
- Level of Difficulty:moderate, one pass at 3,560 meters ASL
- Best Season: June — September
- Accommodation & meals: 2 nights in tent (1 night may be in a mountain hut); 2 lunches, 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts.
- Group size: any
- Requirements: trekking boots, weatherproof warm clothes, hat, sunscreen, tent, sleeping bag and sleeping pad
- Remarks: Tents are available upon request.
Day 1: Morning transfer to the Ak-Suu Village (about 30 km). Start the trekking. Lunch-picnic on the way. Trek to the footsteps of the Ortok Pass. Camp in the tent near the Pass. Trekking time: 5-6 hours.
Day 2: Hike through the Ortok Pass, 3560 m. Amazing views of the valley, and the small beautiful mountain lakes. Lunch after descend. Walk to the Altyn-Arashan resort, which is situated 2450 m above sea level. Camp surrounded by magnificent rocks beside the headwaters of glacier fed streams. A great panoramic view of the snow-capped Tashtanbek Tor Bashy (Peak Tashtanbek), 4600 m. Overnight is available in a mountain hut or in tents. Trekking time: 6-7 hours.
Day 3: At the Altyn-Arashan resort it is possible to take a thermal water bath. Enjoy the unforgettable sight of snow on Peak Palatka (Tent) 5260 m and Swallow’s Nest Pool nestled beneath the open sky. After breakfast walk from Altyn Arashan resort down by Arashan Gorge (4 hours). Drive to Karakol (30 minutes). End of the trek.